Dear Prospective Fitness Coach,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this page. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can stop looking immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position.
My name is Tanja Shaw and I run a fitness coaching company called Ascend Fitness in Chilliwack, BC.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to coach some of our Boot Camp sessions and clients.
We train out of various locations- including Anytime Fitness Chilliwack, the Cheam Center, school gyms, local parks, trails and and in client’s homes.
We currently offer personal training programs and Boot Camps which educate, motivate and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness. We focus on reaching goals through physical exercise and sound nutrition. With your help I plan to expand the programs and services Ascend Fitness offers.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do at Ascend Fitness.
Tasks You’ll Expected To Perform
* Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programs, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
* Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
Instruct Safe, Effective and Fun Boot Camp Classes: You’ll receive training on our Boot Camp system. Like personal training programs, you will have the flexibility to put your own style into the class.
* Coach clients fitness program: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
* Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
* Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
* People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
Current CPR and First Aid Certification (must be kept current)
Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent through a recognized organization such as Can-Fit Pro, BCAK, CSEP, BCRPA, etc. In addition, you must carry your own insurance.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
* Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
* Basic nutrition knowledge
* Kinesiology Degree
How To Apply
If this job sounds good to you, then complete send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and we’ll contact you by phone.
Boot Camp Coach/ Personal Trainer
Dear Prospective Fitness Coach,