Taste buds, get ready to explode! This one filled me up with approximately 355 calories, 38 grams of protein and almost 8 grams of fibre (Thanks, myfitnesspal.com 🙂
Ingredients (serves 1, but can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled… you get the point!)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- 4 oz chicken breast, diced
- 1/3-1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 large coloured pepper, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4-1/2 cup salsa- I used Marilyn’s Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa from Save-On Foods
- 2-3 cups spinach, mixed greens or other lettuce
- 1/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Saute chicken in oil until cooked. Set aside. In the same pan, saute the onion and pepper until soft (a few minutes). Once the veggies are cooked, add the chicken into the pan to warm it up. Add salsa and toss. Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add cooked veggies, chicken and salsa to lettuce and toss. The heat will wilt the leaves a little. Add a few tablespoons of sour cream or yogurt. Transfer to a plate, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Happy, healthy eating for a happy, healthy & hot you!