If you’ve followed me for a while or explored any of my other recipes, you’ll probably know that I am a huge fan of avocados. Not only are they a nutrient rich food ( rich in pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C) but they’re also a great source of fat- which means lots of energy to fuel your adventures!
I whipped up this guacamole coleslaw as a side (though it took up most of my plate) for a few of my dinners on my Kauai vacation. Since cabbage doesn’t get soggy, it also makes a great make-ahead meal, and packs well for work lunches.
For extra flavour, toss in a bit of cilantro or peppers. For a complete meal, add a bit of protein (for this meal I had Ahi Poke).
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or a few sprinkles of garlic powder)
- 1/4 lime, squeezed or ~ 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste2-3 cups cabbage, thinly slied
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add lime, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Toss in the diced tomato and cabbage. Toss well and enjoy!
I will often use the food processor to shred a big batch of cabbage and keep it in the fridge. This recipe can be easily doubled to serve more!