With record-breaking heat almost everywhere this summer it can be challenging to get your exercise in. Here are some quick tips to help you stay cool while exercising.
1. Get Acclimated – Take it easy to adapt to the heat. Could be a single workout or even up to a month. Your body will tell you when you’re ready to push harder.
2. Drink Water – Water is used to replenish what is lost in sweat. Plus it helps regulate body temperature. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty.
3. Clothing Matters – Wear something lightweight and loose-fitting. Avoid dark shades which absorb heat.
4. Watch The Temperature – Pay attention to what health authorities are forecasting and the warning signs.
5. Know your fitness level – If you’re new to fitness you may find that you might have a lower tolerance to heat. Drink LOTS of water and take frequent breaks.