Its Saturday and pouring with rain: a perfect day for creations in the kitchen.
This made this recipe a lot while going to university in Victoria, BC. Today I stumbled upon a handwritten copy of the recipe in my mom’s recipe collection, and was inspired to make it again.
I got the thumbs up from my family, I hope you and your family enjoy it too!
- 1 head roasted garlic, peeled (see notes below on how to roast garlic)
- 1 large can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 generous tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more if desired)
- Water as needed for consistency
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. If the hummus is too dry, and it probably will be, add water until hummus is thick, but smooth and spreadable.
- That’s it, that’s all. So easy and delicious!
How to roast garlic
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Peel the outer layers of the garlic (but leave it as a whole head)
- Place garlic on a baking sheet or piece or tinfoil. Drizzle olive oil over the garlic. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.