On Tuesday, I got braces. There are a few wonderful things about having braces:
1. I cannot eat with the top aligners in- which means mindless eating is a bit more challenging to do.
2. Because I can only eat soft foods for the first week or so, I’m rekindling my love for pureed soups.
This “Spicy Roasted Pepper Soup” doesn’t actually contain roasted pepper, but the name sounded better, and the end product certainly does taste like roasted peppers, so there 🙂
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 coloured peppers, diced
- 8-10 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 cups soup broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Over medium to high heat, heat oil in large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute til they are soft and fragrant, stirring often. Add peppers and mushrooms and salsa and cook til the veggies are soft. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let the soup simmer for 30-60 minutes. Blend with an inversion blender and enjoy!