A few days ago, one of our boot camp regulars (and rock star members!), Wim, emailed me. He wrote:
“Your blog post on “Don’t depend on will power” inspired me to write my own 1-page life nutrition plan! And think up ways to have a sustainable lifelong nutrition plan that isn’t crazy strict or at risk of caving in due to boredom or rebellion or other mental self-sabotage. I need something that works for me. I like your idea of putting some simple rules together.”
Wim has graciously allowed me to share his personal eating plan. Thanks for sharing Wim! I know your steps will help others create their own plan that works for them!
- Eat veggies/salads first for meals.
- Eat more often by having a healthy snack between main meals.
- Eat slower, enjoy my food, and chew it well to avoid gas!
- Eat lots of veggies of ALL colours
- Eat enough healthy fats every day.
- Eat/drink protein with every meal.
- Eat simple unprocessed foods.
- Use salad dressing where olive oil is the first ingredient.
- Measure portion sizes before eating them.
- Enjoy one nice dessert per week (cake/pie/ice cream/whatever).
- Research restaurant menus and plan before going there.
- Eat varied food and avoid getting bored.
- Decide before eating how MUCH I’ll eat, and then stop.
- Have ONE treat meal per week where all rules are ignored.
- Drink 1-2 alcohol drinks per week, starting April 1.
- Eat only above-ground veggies after 7pm.
- Count calories.
- Eat/drink foods with ingredients that I can’t pronounce.
- Eat/drink foods with long ingredient lists.
- Eat wheat or grain products
- Eat/drink dairy products
- Eat/drink foods with added sugars
- Eat/drink straight from containers.
- Eat deep fried food including tempura.
- Eat food-like substances.
- Drink diet pop for 30 days. Then max 1 per week after March 2014.
- Eat mindlessly.