Do you wish you had more energy? If you’re like most people, the answer is YES. However, energy is not something we have or don’t have, it’s something we CREATE.
Here are 5 Easy Habits to Boost Your Energy. The best part is that none of these suggestions will take you a long time… and they actually WORK!
• Drink water. Fatigue is one of the most common signs of dehydration. Keep your water bottle with you, set a reminder on your phone, and make this a non-negotiable!
• Eat protein and fiber. Protein and fiber (and less sugar) will help to stabilize your blood sugar and prevent energy crashes. Our clients are shocked at how quickly their energy improves after following our meal plan. Start with breakfast: skip the bagel and go for proteins (eggs or tofu), veggies, and whole grains.
• Move your body daily. When energy is low, it can be hard to get motivated to work out, but MOVEMENT is exactly what you need! Even a 15 minute walk each day will help.
• Schedule in an energy break. Short energy breaks throughout the day (especially in the afternoon) will help to improve your energy, your focus, and productivity. An energy break IS just that: a break to boost your energy. You could listen to an energizing song, go for a walk, do 10 squats, stretch for 2 minutes, or take a short nap.
• Shut off screens 1 hour before bed: This article would be too long if I listed off all the reasons why getting a good night of sleep is vital to your health (and energy!). Proper sleep hygiene is important. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
It’s the small, consistent actions you take every day that adds up to big results.
At Ascend, we focus on creating small healthy habits with our clients … because it’s the CONSISTENCY that matters the most!
If you’ve noticed your energy levels dragging throughout the day … let’s jump on a quick call to see if our Fit for Life Program would be a good fit. Go to www.getfitchilliwack.com to learn more!
P.S. The picture is from a wellness workshop I did for a local business back in 2019. I am booking FREE workshops for local businesses who want to improve their employee’s wellness this spring. If you’d like more info, please get in touch!